Quinoa Tabbouleh with Corn and Chia
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups diced ripe tomatoes (2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¾ cup freshly cut corn (from 1 large ear)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Cook the quinoa according to package directions, then spread on a towel and let cool. Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and stir in the chia seeds and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
2. Add the tomato, parsley, corn and scallion and toss well. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; using a fork, mix in the remaining oil. Pour the dressing over the tabbouleh, toss well and season to taste.