Turkey Zucchini Boats
- 2 medium zucchini squash
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1lb ground lean turkey
- 1 1/2cup prepared marinara sauce
- 2-3Tbs parmesan cheese (optional)
1) Heat over to 400 degrees F
2) Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ground turkey into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10mins, breaking apart with a wooden spoon or spatula while it cooks. Add the marinara sauce. Cook 2-3 additional minutes.
3) Meanwhile, cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each half, leaving about 1/4 inch thick zucchini boat.
4) Place the zucchini (cut-side up) in a 9x13 baking dish. Spoon the turkey mixture into the four zucchini boats. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cover and bake for 20-30 minutes until boats are heated through.